Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thoughts to Begin the Week

I think it's ridiculous to try and loose weight or break any athletic records during the holidays. I'm sure there are people who do it successfully but that's not me. My goal from now until Christmas is to enjoy my favorite sweets and food but not go overboard, i.e. I don't need to eat until I get sick. Obviously, I'll also exercise but I'm not going to cry if I don't match my best running times.

I talked with my dad about this right before Thanksgiving and we both made little health goals to stick to until Christmas. We also made a bet. If we break our goal, we owe the other person 100 bucks...ouch! For me, having an accountability partner makes all the difference. I've noticed that I've already had a healthier holiday season this year without feeling deprived of my favorite treats. On another note, I took my 3 year old to the gym the other day to go swimming. After, he wanted to stand on the scale. I said something like, "Look at you! You're getting to be such a big boy!!" He told me to stand on the scale. I did and held him up to look. He said, "Mommy, you're such a big girl! You weigh 600lbs!!" I love how my little guy helps me relax about things that used to be a stress. Seriously, kids are the best!

No comments: