Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Friday, December 2, 2011

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

I ran the Edmond Turkey Trot with my family and a couple friends on Thanksgiving. After that, I spent the rest of the day stuffing my face. It was pretty much the perfect day. I didn't get my best time...partly because my speedy little three year old ran a little with me and I had to run him back to Daddy (notice how he's celebrating his running success with my race t-shirt). Running with family is my favorite. I love getting people excited about running and races. I love seeing their excitement at reaching their goals. Notice, my awesome mother in law placed in her age division. Now that I've done this with my family, I can't see myself passing it up in the future. I guess I should say, "Warning, if you come to Thanksgiving at my house, you have to run before you get to eat." Does that make you want to celebrate with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out to the Edmond Turkey Trot and recruiting your family!! It was so great to see so many families there! See You Next Year!!
Josh and Shannon Moore