Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vulnerability of the Try

A few days ago I wrote about Kristin Armstrong's blog post, The Vulnerability of the Try. I told you I was going to think more about what I am going to try and how I need to better myself. As I spent the weekend thinking about it, I realized that I need to try to be more honest with myself. Sometimes I'll grab an unhealthy snack in the middle of the day (i.e. cookies, ice cream, etc) and say to myself, "This will be the only treat I'll have today." Inevitably, after I put my little guy down at night, I'll convince myself that I deserve more. I often say to myself, "I'll do that chore (i.e. mop the floor...yuck) after I put my toddler down for the night." Once again, the time will come and I'll justify not doing it because I'm tired or because I know I can do it during nap time the next day...or because I'm having the extra treat mentioned above. I know this happening every once in a while isn't that big of a deal but it's become a bad habit for me. For the next week, I'm going to try to be more honest with myself. I know as I do this, I have the potential to be both a healthier and stronger person mentally and physically.
What do you need to try??

No comments: