Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Friday, July 23, 2010

Canning Tomatoes

I planted a garden for the first time this year and the tomatoes went crazy. I'm so excited that I was able to preserve some for the winter time. Besides tasting great, tomatoes provide powerful antioxidants from Lycopene which, among other things, help aid in fighting cancerous cell formation. Even if you don't have a garden you can still can tomatoes, they're on sale almost everywhere. Grab some and try it out. I LOVE the Idea Room Blog which is where I got the instructions form bottling tomatoes.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

"That is so awesome! I need to start that."

Rose said...

"yummy, i hear canning salsa is the best!"

Stacie said...

"You are a rock star. That's awesome!"

Cindi said...

"good job!"

Maria said...

I sauced tomatoes this past weekend too. :)