Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Now that I'm officially off Christmas Vacation, it's time to gear up for 2010. I absolutely love the feeling of a new start. I love the motivation to make and achieve goals. In my opinion, this is one of the best times to evaluate your life and give yourself a pat on the back for the things you're doing well and recognize your accomplishments from the past year. It's also the best time to make a plan to change the things that aren't adding to your well-being and happiness. If you're anything like me, you spent a majority of the past two weeks like this...enjoying the wonderful tastes of the holidays. Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing but I know that I need to refocus and discipline myself for day to day healthy living.
Luckily, I was able to start the season off right by running the Jingle Bell 5K. As you can tell by looking at these wonderful ladies above and below, it was a fun race. I love meeting moms who encourage each other to reach their full potential. Even more I love seeing moms and their kids working together to establish an active lifestyle.
A few weeks ago, my friend Erica asked me if I wanted a partner on my early morning runs. Needless to say, I was more than a little excited to have some company. We ran a few times before Christmas and then ran again this morning. It was freezing (or should I say below freezing) cold but we still met up and ran a few miles. I have to admit that having a running partner was the only thing that got me out from under my warm blanket this morning. If you're having a hard time getting motivated during these cold winter days, find a friend and make a goal. Join a class, buy a workout video and use it, bundle up and take a jog...the possibilities are endless. Take charge of 2010 and next year at this time you can look back with satisfaction.

No comments: