Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, November 9, 2009

Around the Block

The other morning my alarm went off and I hit snooze before I could talk myself out of it. When I finally looked at the clock, I realized that I would only be able to run for about 15 minutes. "Is it even worth it?" I wondered. I decided it was, got out of bed and ran around the block a few times. Even though I didn't get a "full" workout in, I'm really glad that I did something. I think too often we do nothing because we can't do everything when really we need to just do something.

I love the quote by Henry Ford: There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. You don't have to run a million miles or do a thousand sit ups...but you should always do something.
I loved meeting this family at the Tulsa Run. Talk about doing something. They all ran the 5K and hats off to Heather (aka Mom) who also has two kids at home too young to run. What a perfect example of an Oklahoma Running Mom.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.