Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Running with Fleet Feet

On Saturday I was finally able to meet up with the Fleet Feet Fall Training Group. I have to admit, I was a little nervous. I missed the orientation so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was also unsure about which group I should run with because I joined late. It turns out that all my nervousness was unneeded. As soon as I got there, I saw a ton of people all happy and ready to run. It was easy to spot who the coaches were because they were holding signs indicating their specific group. I talked with the first coach I saw and she led me to the right group in about 30 seconds. We ran six miles and it felt like three because there were water stand set up for us and people to talk with. Despite the fact that there are a bunch of runners, the groups are relatively small (less than 20) which makes it easy to stay in stride with everyone. I loved it and am pumped that I finally joined a group. The only negative thing I can say is that I have to miss it this week because of an out of town wedding.
There's still time to join. You should check it out and come run with me. :)

No comments: