Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, June 29, 2009

Tina

"Why do I run? I think the answer to that question varies. That is the beauty of running. It really is a cure all for everything from anxiety to simply overindulging in one too many brownies. I have found that running can be as complex or simple as my life is at that moment. I started running at a time in my life when there were more feelings of anxiety than I could absorb. My step-mother's cancer was back yet again and this time in her brain. I really don't think I would have made it through those first few weeks if I hadn't started running. My first 5k was the Judith Koman Race For the Cure and I'll never forget how I felt running that race. I've been hooked ever since and even though now the motivation may vary, the result is still the same. I never feel better than after I've been out for a run...I run because I can. Thanks for starting such a wonderful blog. Every mother has the right to 30 minutes to themselves and what better way to spend it?"

No comments: