Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, June 29, 2009

Pam

"I am now 43 with two teenage kids who have watched me run now for 11 years. I had always had an interest in running, but had never found the will power or determination to do it. My husband is a Tulsa Firefighter and and has always worked out hard to keep in shape. Eleven years ago, he was part of a group of firefighters who went through an unbelievable obstical course with full heavy bunker gear on in the heat of June. I was so proud of him and could not believe he put himself through that. He finally gave me the inspiration I needed...I decided right then that I was going to start running and make him as proud of me. I started immediately that year and ran my first Tulsa Run October of 1998. I have been hooked ever since. Thanks for letting me share. I think running is an awesome discipline that gives me a better outlook on God's creation...me!"

No comments: