Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, May 11, 2009

Any Questions?

I started running in the 7th grade. I ran long distance in track and discovered quickly that I was pretty good at it and have loved it ever since. I ran competitively in high school and for fun in college, signing up for 5ks, half marathons and even a whole marathon whenever I could. Running was a priority in my life. I studied fitness and wellness and became certified to be a personal trainer and fitness instructor. Now, after becoming a wife and mommy, running is still a priority, but it's different. Every run makes me feel like I've accomplished something great. Getting back in shape and getting used to my new post-baby body have presented quite the challenge to me, but by starting small, and by focusing on all the benefits of running I'm slowly making my way back. I recently completed my first 5k post-baby and although my time was slower than I like, it was a huge victory in my life! Not only did I have a huge confidence booster, I felt like my old self again! And did I mention the fact that they gave everyone medals for completing the race? That's whatI'm talkin' about! So for those of you just starting out, start small-just get out the door. Even if you only run for 5 minutes, that's a start and you have to start somewhere!

If anyone out there has questions about running or fitness in general, feel free to email us or post a comment and we'll do our best to help ya out! (Thanks to Christie for your great email). Be sure to check our site often for workout tips!

No comments: