Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Race for the Cure

I had a wonderful time at the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure this past Saturday. Not only was it a great event, but I also felt great during and after the race. I used to make fun of my mom because she cries at everything...not just the 'normal' things like weddings but everything...like if she sees a kid being nice to another kid, she gets all blubbery about how sweet it is. I freely admit that I can't make fun of my mom anymore because I've inherited the sappiness gene. The Race for the Cure really brings it out. I love seeing so many people gathered for such a worthy cause. I especially love seeing all the women together. I know that we all support each other in our daily lives but there's something amazing about seeing everyone together rooting for the same cause.

When I run this race, I don't feel as competitive. I feel grateful. I'm grateful that I have a healthy body. I'm grateful that I get to run. More importantly, I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to spend each day with my sweet boys and amazing husband. I pray for those families who have lost a loved one and celebrate those who've seen a miracle. Here's to another amazing year!

No comments: