Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Excuses

Do you ever use your kids as an excuse to eat junk food? Lately I've realized that I do it a lot. I'll have a craving for fast food and I'll say something to my three year old like, "Do you want to have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch or a hamburger?" I know he'll choose the burger and then I'll be like, "I'm already at Braums. Why not get ice cream too?" I've also been known to say something like, "Hey, should we clean the bathrooms or make cookies?" Which choice do you think is more popular? I'm all about cake and ice cream for birthdays and the occasional sweet treat or fast food, but right now I'm resolving to avoid finding excuses to make unhealthy choices. My kids don't need it and neither do I.

No comments: