Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What Not to Do

Last weekend I went to Dallas to run the Tour de Fleur with my brother and sister-in-law. (Aren't they a cute couple?) My sister in law, April ran the 20K and my brother Brian and I ran the 10K. April dominated. She's been training for a while and even though it was super humid and disgusting outside, April finished in an awesome time and looked like a rock star.

I wish I could say the same thing about myself. I didn't really train, ate a crappy dinner, didn't get enough sleep and it totally showed at the finish line. Even though I did everything wrong, I'm glad I ran it. Now I'm recommitted to training rather than making excuses. I'm excited about running the Susan G Komen in OKC on October 15.

No comments: