Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Friday, September 30, 2011

Dose of Reality

Vitamin Supplements have been a mystery to me for a long time. I know I should be taking them but I don't know what to take. Sometimes I hear that the only thing supplements do it make your pee really expensive. Sometimes I hear that if I don't take supplements I'll die an early, painful death. I'm pretty sure the reality lies somewhere in the middle.


The other day I came across an article in Runner'sWorld.Com that better explained what I should be taking. I've been taking a multi-vitamin but have recently added Omega-3. Small steps right? Maybe by the end of the year, I'll have added another supplement to maintain a healthy body.



by Mathew G Kadey, M.Sc., R.D.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

"I really like the research on omega 3s, I take an omega 3 blend (from fish, borage, and flax oils). it has beneficial effects for us runners (anti-inflammatory properties), and for heart health. The only thing I caution of, is to buy a liquid supplement that must be refrigerated, as opposed to pill form. less processed and closer to the source."