Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Why I Run...

This is a picture of DeAnne and Gloria, two more women that I met at the Cinco de Mayo 5K Below, DeAnne shares why she runs. I love hearing from everyone...keep your responses coming and have a great Monday!"I'm actually asked this type of question frequently and I still don't know how to answer it. I think it's because the reason I run keeps evolving through the years. I'll try, though. ;) So...why do I run, or what motivates me to run? At first, I ran to lose weight and take charge of my fitness and health. I guess that's still the ultimate reason. But after I started doing races, my motivation grew to include pushing myself to the next level (getting faster, going farther). Lately, my motivation for running has been to gain some "me" time--time to be alone with my thoughts, run off some stress, or just listen to the music I want to hear without interruption."

No comments: