Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is Chiropractic Care for You?

I met Dr. Jolley at the Cinco de Mayo run and invited him to share how chiropractic care can help you as a runner. Personally, I think chiropractic care is great and it's always good to have as many "tools" in the the "tool box" as possible to help stay healthy and active.

Chiropractic and the Athlete
Dr. Luke Jolley

"I get asked the question all the time. How can chiropractic actually help me? I thought the same thing when I had a football injury in high school and was told I needed surgery. Someone told me to try chiropractic first. Within a few weeks, I was back to new and on the football field again.
What truly differentiates doctors of chiropractic from any other health care professionals is the fact that chiropractors are the only professionals who are trained to diagnose and treat what are called spinal subluxations. The word “subluxation” comes from the Latin words meaning “somewhat or slight" (sub) and “to dislocate” (luxate). So the term ‘vertebral subluxation’ literally means a slight dislocation or misalignment of the bones in the spine.
When a subluxation occurs, a chiropractor can correct the misaligned bone and allow it to return to its proper position. This procedure is appropriately called an adjustment, and the adjustment enables the body to heal.
At my office, Jolley Chiropractic and Wellness Practice, we focus on the whole body. I have several athletes that come to me for various reasons. In the running community, I see a lot of IT Band discomfort and plantar fasciitis. I have an instrument called a precursor that I use for these types of ailments, and I have seen tremendous results. In addition to the precursor, we have several therapies to aid the body in its ability to heal itself.
Whether you suffer from headaches, back aches, tingling down your legs or arms, shoulder pain, etc., give Jolley Chiropractic a call and let us get you on the road to better health! "

Jolley Chiropractic and Wellness Practice
12345 S Memorial Dr.
Bixby, Ok
394-9400
www.jolleychiro.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this value able post. I have read all the things very carefully its really a helpful and effective post.
chiropractic treatment