Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Too Good to be True

Lately I've been thinking a lot about fad diets and weight loss supplements that promise quick results. They kind of...no REALLY drive me crazy. I hate that people are getting tricked into believing that they can obtain optimal health without proper diet and exercise. I don't think loosing weight and making healthy choices has to be frustrating, exhausting and difficult, but I know that there are no short cuts. I also know that many if not most of these diets can actually make it harder for you to maintain and loose weight in the future. There's a website that I really like called "The Fight for Fitness" and the author often discusses this issue. Today I found a link on his blog about the HCG Diet and another about detox diets. I don't think all diets are bad but I think it's important to remember that, just like with any other thing in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

In other news, I attended Strollin' Moms this morning at Fleet Feet and it was tons of fun. Join us on Thursday at 9am.

4 comments:

Blake said...

Thanks for the shout outs!

Lauren said...

Yeah I always get so frustrated when friends of mine go on fad diets. I try not to say anything because I tend to just rant and rave and they tune me out as the "nutritional nut" :( it's furstrating.

suburban hippie mama said...

Do you really think they are being tricked or do you think they are looking for an easier way to get results fast??

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

I don't think people are being tricked by others...I think they trick themselves into believing that there's an easy way.