Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Friday, January 8, 2010

Shoes

Yesterday one of my friends asked me how long a pair of running shoes should last. I felt a little silly that I didn't have a concrete answer to give. "Umm...I don't know...when they start feeling uncomfortable, get a new pair." Today I did a little research to redeem myself. Below is a Runner's World Article that gives great advice on how to extend the life of your shoe and how long a pair of shoes should last.


You can also check out Runner's World's 2010 Running Shoe Guide for information on which shoe might work best for you.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

A sports doctor told me 500 miles as a "concrete number". She told me that after that is doesn't mater what the shoes look like the supports in the shoes are broken down and they won't protect you. I keep a running log and have recorded up to 600-700 mile on shoes that I took really good care of, but feel that the 500 miles is very sound advice.