Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Crossing the Finish Line

Today Bek and I attended the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and had an awesome time! We were overwhelmed by the love and support shown for breast cancer survivors and the way families and friends also honored their loved ones who've passed. I was especially touched by the support women gave each other...mothers with their daughters, best friends, etc. Bekah ran in celebration of her grandmother who's a survivor (here she is with her cute baby girl). I think my favorite part of the morning is when I heard the announcer say, "Here's another survivor crossing the finish line." I couldn't say it better. I hope that we can all help each other cross our own finish lines.

Throughout the next week, our posts will feature a few of the amazing women we met today. We encourage you to add your comments of support and share your own story.
Em
email us at: oklahomarunningmom@gmail.com

No comments: