Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, August 10, 2009

Mmm...Veggies for Breakfast

Before you click off this site, hear me out. I didn't believe it at first but here is a great way to get another serving of veggies into your day.

Spinach Shake (Once again, please hear me out.)

Just take a handful of fresh spinach, apple juice (or any other juice you prefer), fruit (peaches, strawberries, banana, blueberries, etc) and blend it up.

I know it sounds gross but it's actually really tasty and if you include blueberries it won't even be green. In my opinion, you can't taste the spinach at all. It's a perfect way to start your day off right.

Please try it at least once, I'm sure you'll like it.

Em

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried the spinach smoothie and it was awesome! I couldn't taste the spinach at all, and the best part is that I felt really satisfied knowing I was pumping my body with good things like antioxidants and iron!