Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Knowledge is Power

As I was reading a few different health blogs this morning (hooray for the a.m. baby nap!), I came across an interesting article in Time about restaurants posting nutritional information in their menus. Personally, I'm all for it. I feel like there are healthy, tasty choices anywhere you go but you need the info to make a good decision. It's funny how you can go to a restaurant and all over the coffee cup it says something about how hot the contents are but there's no warning that says, "62 grams of fat" or "1,500 calories." I don't think that we should blame others for our health problems and at the end of the day we all need to take personal responsibility for our choices. However, it's interesting that the warnings that, in my opinion, are really important are no where to be seen.

PS: Check out the blog where I found this article; it's great.

No comments: