Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Don't Sell Youself Short

Constantina Tomescu Dita
2008 Olympic Women's Marathon Champion
2 hours, 26 minutes and 44 seconds
At 38, this running mom is the oldest person in Olympic history to win a gold medal. She finished 20th in the previous Olympic Games. Wow...20th to 1st!
I think too often we sell ourselves short thinking that there are too many obstacles in our way to "win the gold." A few years ago I had a good friend who was really overweight. She decided that she wanted to run a marathon so she joined Weight Watchers, got a subscription to Runner's World Magazine and began training. I have to say that when I saw her run that race, I got a little teary. What an amazing accomplishment!
Today I've been thinking a lot about that friend and others. Once again, I've remembered that it's important not to sell myself short. I can reach any goal that I am dedicated to working for.

No comments: