Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Map My Run

I hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day. Mine was the best because we went to Portland for my brother-in-law's wedding and now I have an awesome new sister-in-law. Stay tuned for a Portland running update but today I want to share my new favorite app.
I've recently entered the world of the iPhone. A couple weeks ago I downloaded MapMyRUN. Even though it's not as accurate as those fancy Garmin watches, it's a lot cooler than figuring out how far you've gone by driving the course. I know there are a lot of things it can do that I've yet to figure out but right now it's been a great way to remind me to push myself. Now that I'm keeping better track, I'm less likely to stop early or slow down. I will say that I enjoy running for fun without a watch or anything telling me how far or fast I'm going; however, I've been doing that since I had my baby back in November and now it's time to get serious.

No comments: