Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why We Run

I bombarded this group of girls before the race. Meet Michele, Elizabeth, Jan and Lindsey. Michele runs to clear her head. "It's the only me time I get and a fit way to do it."

Elizabeth shared her reasons with me via email. I love how she uses running to solve problems.
"I started running in high school to stay in shape. I never really liked it but I didn't hate it either. I started really running and doing long distance training. I fell in love with being able to let go and be free. That's the great thing about running all you need is your shoes...you can hit the road! I feel so much more productive and better about myself when I go run. It's the best stress reliever I've found (besides the occasional glass of wine) and I tend to think better when I running, more clearly. If I ever have a tough decision to make, I just go run. I know when I am done, I would have the time to really think about it and make a sound decision. I love to run, something that most people hate, but I love it!!!"

Jan and Lindsey run because it's great exercise and...I love this..."I like to eat." Isn't that the real reason most of us run?

Thanks again ladies. I hope to see you at future races.

No comments: