Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, December 13, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I realize I've been MIA for the past couple weeks but I decided that having a baby is a good excuse to slack off for a little bit. Today was my husbands first day back at work and I feel like I need to get back in the saddle too. Everything is going wonderfully with my new little baby boy and my big boy is starting to like our new addition so we're all happy and healthy here.

I feel great and can't believe I'm supposed to wait six whole weeks before I begin running again. BOO!!! I think I may leave the kiddos with my husband tonight and go out on a little walk. I'm already planning my races for 2011. I think I'll kick the year off with the Sweet Heart Run in February. (I'd like to do the Resolution Run but it's too soon.) I'm hoping to be able to run my fourth marathon along with many of the fun 5 and 10Ks around Tulsa. I also want to run the Aquarium Half Marathon in May. Oh, I love the prospects for 2011.

For me success in running has come from making a plan ahead of time. I know everyone is busy with all of the Season's Festivities but try to make a little time to think about the upcoming year and what you'd like to accomplish. As I'm writing this, I'm remembering a saying I had up on the wall of my middle school classroom.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Remember that as you begin thinking about what the New Year will bring and plan for success.

No comments: