Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Great Pumpkin

In celebration of the beautiful fall weather, I decided it was time to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (I know, not that healthy). I had left over pumpkin and thought that my two year old would like it. Sure enough he ate an entire bowl of pure pumpkin puree with a little cinnamon and loved it. Besides being full of antioxidants, pumpkins are also rich in many vitamins and minerals which make them a healthy fall food choice. With that being said, my main experience with pumpkin recipes include pumpkin chocolate chip bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I'm pretty sure the massive amounts of sugar and fat required for these -oh so tasty treats- negates the nutrition of the pumpkin so I decided to do some healthy pumpkin recipe research. Below are a couple of links I found.

Top 10 Low Fat Pumpkin Recipes
The banana pumpkin muffins look delish!

7 Surprising Pumpkin Recipes
Once again, I think I'm going to try the muffins. Yum!

I'd love to hear about your tasty recipes. Leave a comment or shoot me an email.
oklahomarunningmom@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Em. I have to say that the pumpkin pancakes are really good! Also, last year I took what I had in my pantry and made a frozen pie. Pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, sugar-free/non-fat pudding, and non-fat coolwhip (or sugar-free, if you're watching your sugar)and put it in a reduced-calorie graham cracker crust. YUMMMO!!! I'm sure it lets you indulge without the bulge!