Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Thursday, September 9, 2010

High Expectations. Low Excuses

I realize that I've been a little MIA with the blog posts lately. To be perfectly honest, I'm really tired. I feel like pregnancy has finally caught up with me. I have to give a shout out to all those that have difficult pregnancies because mine has been "easy" and I still feel kinda like a train wreck.


Last week I was at a mid-week church meeting with the women in my congregation. We were learning about preparing and helping our children with school. One of the presenters, my friend Molly, said something that I've been thinking about a lot since. She said that one of her school's motto's is "High Expectations. Low Excuses." Don't you love that? Even though we were talking about school, I think it pertains to most everything in life. With that being said, despite the fact that I'm starting to waddle more than run I'm going to continue having high expectations for myself (not unrealistic but high). I realize I won't be setting a PR anytime soon but that doesn't mean I can't still get out there and waddle my way along with everyone else.


Today I found a blog post for all of you who are thinking about participating in a 5K. Too often we sell ourselves short and fail to accomplish goals that are within reach. If you're one of those who wants to do a 5K but is a little nervous that you won't measure up, click on the link below and discover that accomplishing your goal is very much within your reach.

No comments: