Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cucumber Salsa

I've been meaning to post this recipe for forever because it's SO good and cucumbers are busting out of everyones' gardens and on sale at the grocery store. The recipe came from my friend Erica who got it from Melanie who got it from...you know how it goes. I love finding different ways to get in my daily servings of veggies. Try it...I know you'll LOVE it!

Cool Cucumber Salsa
2 medium cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions: In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, lime juice, parsley, cilantro, dill, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
**I left out the dill and parsley and it still tasted fantastic.

No comments: