Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, June 21, 2010

Staying Active in Summer

As of late, this is my favorite picture of my little guy. How can you not love that chubby whiteness?? I really enjoy going to the pool in the summer time. After my morning run today, I was drenched in sweat (even though I only put in a few miles). I thought, "There's got to be a better way." While I still intend to run, I think I'm going to start taking advantage of the adult swim times that most public pools offer. Swimming is a great way to cross train because it's low impact. It's also a great way not to swelter in the hot summer sun. If you're getting discouraged with the Oklahoma humidity, maybe it's time to take a few laps in the pool rather than on the road. Don't worry, soon enough we'll be complaining about the cold. :)

No comments: