Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nintendo Helps the Heart?

USA Today published and article stating that Nintendo and the American Heart Association are teaming up. There will be an American Heart Association stamp of approval on all the Wii game systems.
Nintendo partnering with American Heart Association I don't have a Wii but I think they're pretty fun. What do you think? Does the Wii really "encourage active play"? Are the workouts on the Wii Fit really effective? Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

LaNell Brown said...

My personal opinion is that it is a great way to get less active and sedentary people active. Don't get me wrong I love to play the wii but I would never ever replace playing the wii for my workout.

A.W. said...

As a mom of 4, 3 of which are home all day, it has really helped me. I cannot afford to pay for a gym membership &/or babysitting so it gives me the chance to get active. My kids love to do the running, they hold the remote & run down the hallway & back! I never thought I would own a video game system, but it really has helped us get into a little better shape!

Jennifer said...

"Not really it takes too long to get from one exercise to the other, or maybe it does if you have 3 hours to spend working out :)"