Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Monday, February 22, 2010

Time for a Regular Day!

I'll spare you the details but when I was pregnant, I quickly discovered the need for more fiber in my diet. I've always enjoyed fruits, veggies and whole grain bread but I didn't get enough. (I was actually too busy eating Wendy's Frosties to worry about getting more veggies.) I tried prune juice which (in my opinion) is NASTY. I finally realized that if I ate a more balanced diet, remembering to focus on high fiber foods, I'd be just fine.
Today in my Internet search for information on health, I came across an article on Mayoclinic.com listing high fiber foods. According to the article, women need 21 to 25 grams of fiber per day. There's an easy to read (by not easy to neatly copy and paste into this post) chart listing tasty, high fiber foods. I was happy to find that raspberries, not prunes, were at the top of the fruit list with 8 grams of fiber per cup. Check out the complete article including the chart by clicking here.
Remember to stay super highdrated so your fiber can properly digest!

No comments: