Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Friday, February 26, 2010

Leaving a Legacy of Health

Last night I went to the Kohl's Town Hall for Healthy Family Living. As part of the 2010 Obesity Conference there were a few speakers and vendors there to promote healthy living. One of the speakers was a man named Dr. Nick. He talked about his journey in losing 270lbs (click his name to learn more) and how we can make changes in our own lives and in the lives around us. One of the things that really struck me was when he talked about "leaving a legacy of health." It's so important to remember that we don't make healthy choices just for ourselves but also for the people we love around us. I'm reminded of those anti-smoking commercials that say, "Tobacco Stops with Me." I think the greatest thing I took away from the meeting last night was that I am the one who chooses how my life will be. While our background has led us to where we are now, it's important to remember that we are the ones that will shape our future and influence the future of the people around us who mean the most.

Healthy Living Starts with Me

No comments: