Oklahoma Running Mom

Running in Oklahoma adds new meaning to the phrase "Hot Mama."

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Starting Over

I enjoyed a wonderful start to the day-healthful breakfast, run/walk with my baby in the jogging stroller, marking tasks off my check list, hanging out with Bek. It was great! When my little guy went down for his nap, I had momentum. I cleaned the windows and then...got distracted. I sat down with an apple to watch an episode of one of my favorite shows (just one of course). Well, one turned to two and the apple turned into a bag of chips. WHAT HAPPENED!?!? I was kinda frustrated with myself when my baby woke up and I hadn't gotten everything done and my stomach hurt a little from the chips. I realize this post is kinda sounding like true confessions but stick with me I have a point. In the past when this has happened I've thought, "Ah, I already ruined my healthy day; why not have some ice cream too." Please tell me I'm not the only one. :) Today was different. I thought, "Why beat myself up over a stupid bag of chips and wasted time? I'm just going to start over." While I didn't get as many things accomplished today as I would have liked, I didn't spend my day feeling guilty for "messing up." You don't have to have a new day, week, month, or year to start over. Just start from where you are and don't feel guilty about what you can't change.

Speaking of accomplishing things, check out these amazing Race for the Cure ladies below!


I just love running moms!
Em


No comments: